1. THE JURY
a. To evaluate the projects for category 1-11, a board of Jury has been constituted below:
Ar. Zainab Faruqui Ali (From Academia)
Ar. Saif Ul Haque (From Profession)
Ar. Rafiq Azam (From Profession)
Ar. Andra Matin (From Indonesia)
Sculptor Alak Roy (From other Discipline)
b. To evaluate the submissions for category 12, a board of Jury has been constituted below:
Ar. Fuad H. Mallick (From Academia)
Ar. Mohammed Zakiul Islam (From Academia)
Ar. Marina Tabassum (From Profession)
2. CORE EVALUATION CRITERIA:
The key criteria for judging entries in each of the categories 1-11 are:
- Fundamental idea and conceptual framework: Underlying principles, values, core ideas, and philosophy of the project.
- Coherence and dialogue with the context: Concepts engaged with new and pre-existing conditions.
- Public and cultural benefits: The amenity of the project and its conceptual contribution to the public domain.
- Program resolution: Functional performance assessed according to the brief by clients.
- Integration of allied disciplines: Contribution of others, including engineers, landscape architects, artists and other specialists to the outcome.
- Cost/value outcome: The effectiveness of decisions related to financial issues.
- Sustainability: The benefit to the environment through design.
- Awareness and innovation: Awareness towards the contemporary social and global issues, and innovation to address such issues.
The key criteria for judging entries in sub-category 12.a: Research are:
– Originality (weighting 30%)
Original work that produces a significant contribution to new knowledge in the field of architecture
– Methodology (weighting 20%)
– Significant findings/results (weighting 30%)
– Application of the research’s output/ Contribution in establishing future research directions
– Have related publications (weighting 10%)
The key criteria for judging entries in sub-category 12.b: Publication are:
– Significance of the topic/uniqueness (weighting 20%)
– Book structure and content (weighting 20%)
– Innovativeness in one or more of (i) theoretical development, (ii) empirical results or, (iii) policy development (weighting 40%)
– Contribution/strength (weighting 20%)
3. AWARD CEREMONY:
The architects of the shortlisted entries will be formally notified by IAB after finalization by the jury to attend the Awards ceremony. The winners and the commendations will not be disclosed before the award ceremony.
- Winning Architect(s) of each awards category will receive only one crest/trophy and a certificate with citation and the names(s) of the IAB member(s) of the design team according to the order as provided for in the Declaration Form.
- The Commended architect(s) of each category will receive only a certificate with citation and the names(s) of the IAB member(s) of the design team according to the order as provided for in the declaration section.
- Architect’s client of the winning project will receive a plaque for mounting on the wall of the project.
- The Sub-consultant(s) and the contractor(s) shall receive a letter of appreciation from IAB.
Venue: Formal presentation of the Award shall be held at IAB Center or in a prestigious venue which will be announced by IAB.
Publication and Exhibition: All awarded and commended entries will be published as a booklet and to be exhibited at the Award ceremony.
Award Presentation: The Awards and commendations will be presented by the Eminent Personality/Fellow and the President of IAB.